Supporters of the Farm are invited to donate through the above Appeal to help restore our income from the Lockdowns. Catherine's personal appeal on our behalf is much appreciated as are the very generous donations already made.
We much regret that our Open Day - due on 13th June - has been cancelled for the second year running. This is because full re-opening under H.M.Gov. guidelines is not until 21st June, and even then there is no certainty about how many people might be allowed to congregate in relatively confined open spaces like our Farm. Our visitor numbers usually exceed over 1,500 in 4 short hours. In addition there is no news of when the Covid-19 Test and Trace Compound, which is occupying half of the Visitor Centre Car park, will be disbanded and this would seriously curtail parking for visitors to Open day, causing traffic difficulties. Open Days take months in preparation, booking entertainment, organising tentage etc so firm decisions have to be made at an early date, However , we look forward to 2022 ever hopeful of some normality!
NO BOOKING REQUIRED
We are pleased to say that the Farm will be open once again following the phased relaxation of the third Lockdown by H.M Government. We will be pleased to see our regulars and new visitors any time from 1030 hrs on that date. Entry is, of course, dependant upon the same strict distancing and hygiene rules as before and these are given below for your information.
Increase Of Entry Charge To The Farm From 12th April 2021
After careful thought, the Trustees of the Charity have reluctantly decided to increase the Entry Charge from £1.00 to £1.50 when we re-open on the 12th April. This is necessary to keep the Farm running, particularly in view of the ever rising cost of the animal and poultry feed - one of our biggest items of expenditure - together with increased site maintenance costs.
Please be aware that none of the Staff receive a salary payment, and 100% of takings from Visitor Entry and the Farm Bazaar, go directly into the Project itself to maintain this Community Farm on site.
Entry for Children and Young People under 18 years of age remains without charge, and there is no increase in Group Charge
In line with our obligations in respect of Government guidelines for a Project of our type, please expect the following for the health and safety of you, our visitors, and our volunteer management alike:
- Track and Trace System Check in operation
- If you are feeling unwell and are showing unusual health symptoms of any kind, please do not enter the Farm
- Sanitisation station inside the Entrance Gate. It is essential for you to use the hand Gel provided
- Follow the one way system indicated as you go around, and as you leave.
- Respect social distancing, which we suggest as the 2 metre rule, easily carried out in an open area. Keep that distance from other family groups, or other individuals at all times. To this end we will assist by limiting entry at very busy times (e.g. a warm August Bank Holiday!)
- It is ESSENTIAL that children are kept under close control, and with the family 'bubble' throughout the visit; they must NOT run ahead, or about, inside. This will be strictly enforced and if ignored, the individuals may be asked to leave. Sitting or rolling on the grass is forbidden.
- Sanitation station at the Exit Gate. You are invited to use the Gel provided.
- We will be sanitising appropriate surfaces after closure each day.
- Your cooperation with these necessary but essential procedures, will be much appreciated both by us, and other visitors.